- No. 1075, Tiruvottiyur High Road, Tiruvottiyur, Chennai, Tamilnadu 600019, India
- (044) 30421162
Ask any Indian consumer to name a Battery and the first brand that comes to mind is Eveready. Not just among batteries, Eveready is a powerful brand across categories.
Eveready has a portfolio comprising dry cell batteries (carbon zinc batteries, rechargeable batteries and alkaline batteries), flashlights (torches), CFLs (Compact Fluorescent Lamps) and packet tea.
Eveready’s strength is the result of a continuous and well-orchestrated brand development strategy that maximizes the value from each consumer touch-point.
Is the iconic urban face of Eveready. The advertising byline of the popular Red series of batteries, it is today symbolic of the empowered urban lifestyle that the brand reflects. The original, path-breaking campaign won as many as 11 advertising awards.
The current television commercial on Eveready Ultima, which has explored and demonstrated the technique of light painting (through the TVC) has been very well received and is a one of its kind commercial in the entire batteries segment.
The unmatched consumer confidence is also reflected through the various accolades that the company has got over the years.
Few highlights have been listed below:
- In the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)’s ‘Brand of the year’ 2005 shortlist, Eveready made the top ten finalists list, along with brands like Nokia, HP, Titan, Dabur and five other Hindustan Lever Brands
- As per AC Nielsen, Eveready stood 7th among all FMCG companies in terms of growth in the year 2004-2005.
- The Economic Times’ Brand Equity survey of Brands by Sales, April 2004, put Eveready at no. 22 across brands in all categories.
- Scores in the CII survey done by the independent brand consultancy Vertebrands, show Eveready scoring a near-perfect 99% total awareness among Target Consumers.
- As per Vertebrands’ survey, on a 10-point scale, Eveready scored 8 on popularity and 7.7 on contemporariness. Of all consumers surveyed, 41% called it “The Only Brand for Me”.
- In the AAUTS (Awareness,Attitude,Ushership Tracking Study ) conducted by AC Nielsen in the year 2007-2008 , Eveready emerged with a Brand Equity of 7.5 out of 10 and the nearest competitor came up with 3.7.
- The same study by AC Nielsen showed Eveready having 45% market share vis a vis its nearest competitor having 30% (2007-2008)
Please login to add your review.