- Apollo Hospital, 645, Tiruvottiyur High Road,Tondiarpet, Tondiarpet, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600081, India
Apollo Hospitals Chennai
The flagship hospital of the Apollo Group, Apollo Hospitals Chennai, was established in 1983. Today it is one of the most respected hospitals in the world, and is also amongst the most preferred destinations for both patients from several parts of India, as well as for medical tourism and medical value travel. The hospital specializes in cutting-edge medical procedures. It has over 60 departments spearheaded by internationally trained doctors who are skillfully supported by dedicated patient-care personnel. It is one of the few hospitals in Chennai that have state of the art facilities for various health disorders.
It has been a pioneer among the hospitals in Chennai, and even in India, in many different treatments and procedures.
Apollo Hospitals Chennai – Milestones
- First hospital in India to perform Total Knee Replacement and the
- Pioneers of Birmingham Hip Resurfacing Procedure in India.
- Pioneers of multi-organ and cord blood transplants in India.
- Apollo Hospitals Chennai completed 10,000 Coronary Angioplasties in 2009. In the initial years, only Balloon Angioplasties were done, This progressed over the years to using metallic stents and medicated stents and further advanced in the recent past to doing many refined procedures like Multi-Vessel Angioplasty, Left Main Angioplasty and Bifurcation Lesions.
- Medical breakthrough was achieved in Cardiac Care at Apollo Hospitals Chennai – successfully completed 25,000 coronary bypass procedures including 10,000 beating heart coronary bypass operations.
- In less than three years since inception, the team at the Apollo Centre for Liver Disease and Transplantation, Chennai completed over 100 Liver Transplantations in June 2011, marking a noteworthy first-of-its-kind milestone in the city of Chennai.
- A 70% success rate in Bone Marrow Transplant.
- First Indian hospital to introduce newer techniques in coronary angioplasty, stereotactic radiotherapy and radio-surgery (for brain tumors).
- First Indian hospital to be awarded the 1S0 9002 and ISO 14001 Certifications.
- First hospital in South India to get accreditation from the Joint Commission International USA.
- Declared as a ‘Centre of Excellence’ by the Government of India.
- Rated as the “Best Private Sector Hospital in India” by The Week magazine.
- Winner of healthcare awards 2008, instituted by the Express Healthcare Publications (The Indian Express Group) for Overall Best Hospital of the year, Operational Excellence and Leveraging Global Opportunity
Other Apollo Hospitals In Chennai
Apollo Specialty Hospitals
Apollo Specialty Hospital, India’s first ISO certified healthcare provider is today ranked among the top super specialty hospitals in the country offering advanced tertiary care in Oncology, Orthopedics, Neurology and Neurosurgery, Head and Neck surgery and Reconstructive and Plastic surgery. Equipped with the latest and the best technology, manned by a large pool of world renowned specialists and supported by a dedicated team of medical and paramedical professionals, Apollo Specialty Hospital offers specialty healthcare of international standards with outcomes matching those of the world’s best hospitals. Further realising that stress levels will be high among the patients and their attendants, Apollo takes that extra step to ensure maximum patient comfort, so much so that its patient service is popularly referred to as tender loving care.The hospital offers several cutting edge oncology treatments including the Cyberknife and PETCT scan and was recently awarded the NABH accreditation – the Indian gold standard on healthcare quality
Apollo First Med Hospital
The Apollo First Med Hospitals is an initiative of the Apollo Hospitals group and offers the highest quality of secondary medical care across various medical disciplines. Established in 2002, Apollo First Med Hospitals, has within 4 years touched the lives of over 100000 patients, a standing testimony to its excellent patient care. As an integral part of the Apollo Hospitals Group, the 80 bed Apollo First Med Hospitals’ strength lies in the perfect balance of excellent infrastructure, latest technology, dedicated manpower, all orchestrated to provide patient services of the highest standards.
Please login to add your review.